- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Art of Chipotle, Chipotle sauce of your choice or 1/2 tablespoon Chipotle Paste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
In a dutch oven, brown chicken, onion and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add water, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in cream, cheese, corn, chilies and Art of Chipotle Sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted; add tomato. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Smokey Chipotle Chili Cornbread
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 2 cups cornmeal, stone ground
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Art of Chipotle, Chipotle Paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives or green onions
- 1 cup frozen white corn, thawed
Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Put the bacon into a cold 10″ * pan and cook over medium heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon bits are crisp but not burned. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Leave the bacon fat in the pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy; whisk in the milk and chipotle paste. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the bacon bits, chives or green onions and corn. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
* A cast iron pan will give you the best results