1 lb lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
1/2 cup Art of Chipotle Sweet Heat Addiction Sauce
1/4 cup sweet onion finely chopped
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough (recommend: Pillsbury)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is thoroughly cooked; drain.
3. Meanwhile, spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. Unroll crescent rolls, pinch perforations, roll slightly or press with fingers. Using a cookie cutter about 3 1/2 to 4 inches, cut out two circles from each of the eight sections. Roll scraps and cut two more circles. Carefully fit into muffins pans, pressing up sides of each cup.
4. Add sauce and sugar to meat mixture, stir until sugar dissolves. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Total Time: 1 hour
Nutrition (per serving): 184 calories, 112 calories from fat, 12.5g total fat, 40mg cholesterol, 137.3mg sodium, 138.3mg potassium, 9.2g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 7.1g sugar, 9.7g protein.