- 3/4 cup coconut, toasted – divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts – boned and skinned
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Art of Chipotle Chipotle Paste or to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped for garnish or to taste
Toast coconut in a 300 degree oven watching closely, or in sauce pan, watching closely till toasted, stirring as needed.
In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until cooked through on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Turn over and repeat. Cook until juices run clear.
In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup coconut, coconut milk, sugar and paste. Pour over chicken and heat through.
Garnish with toasted coconut and cilantro leaves.
Nutritional Facts: (Per serving)
505 calories, 208 calories from fat, 23.6 g total fat, 152.5 mg cholesterol, 340.6 mg sodium, 1050.4 mg potassium, 18.7 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 51.5 g protein.