1 16 oz garbanzo beans (chickpeas), strained, reserve liquid
1/2 cup liquid from garbanzo beans
3 tbsp sesame tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2-1 tsp Garlic, finely minced
1/4 tsp salt to taste
1-2 Tbsp Art of Chipotle Chipotle Paste
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1-3 Tbsp canola oil – optional
1. Drain the beans, reserving the liquid.
2. Combine the beans and the reserved bean liquid in a food processor.
3. Process for a minute or two.
4. Add all remaining ingredients except oil (if used) and continue to process on high for 4-8 minutes. (The longer you process it, the smoother it will be, and will have less tendency to separate.
5. If you want to add oil, drizzle it in slowly during the last 2 minutes of processing.
6. If you choose not to add oil, you can add a little more of the bean liquid if needed to get the consistency you prefer.
7. Store covered in the refrigerator until chilled.
8. Serve with pita chips or sliced fresh vegetables.