- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. lean, boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 4-5 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 2-3 tablespoons Art of Chipotle, Chipotle Paste (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a 12 inch skillet. Add the pork and cook just long enough to brown. Place the browned pork into a slow cooker. Add the potatoes.
In a large bowl, combine the onions, garlic, tomatoes, Chipotle Paste, Worcestershire, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour mixture into the slow cooker over the meat and stir everything together.
Cook for 6-8 hours at the highest temperature.
When done, gently shred the pork with two forks. If it seems too thick, stir in a little water and allow it to heat about 15 min. more. Season with salt if needed.
(To save time, you can place the whole browned roast into the crockpot. It will take a little longer to cook in the crockpot.)
Serving Suggestions: Serve on warm corn tortillas with finely shredded cabbage, crumbled queso fresco and diced avocado.